Unboxing and Hardware Setup for Canon Printer Setup
- The ij.start.canon printers comes in a sealed cardboard box. You have to remove the wrap and packaging materials from it. Use knives or scissors to tare the tapes covering the package of the printer.
- Take the printer out from the box and place it on a table that facilitates Canon Printer Setup. Use the printer specification list mentioned on the packaging box and check if all the components necessary for printer setup are present.
- You can also get the specification by browsing online.
- The box will include warranty papers, detailed user manual, power cord, USB cables, setup CD. Lift the upper lid of the printer, and you can find protective tapes on the internal parts of the printer.
- Peel them off carefully without causing damage to the printer parts. The transparent film on the control panel can be removed so that the visibility of the control panel is more.
- Some printer comes with ink cartridges installed, and if it does not installed previously, the printer package will include the ink cartridges. The procedure for installation can be followed as it is mentioned in the user manual.
- Slide the ink cartridges into its slot and push it gently until if fixes into its position. The power cord should be plugged into an electrical wall socket.
- Using of surge protectors and extension boxes is not recommended for connecting the power cord. The USB cable is used for connecting with the personal device, and the USB connection can also be turned into a wireless connection.
- You can connect your Canon printer to an active Internet. Turn on the router and using the control panel of the printer identify the home network. Gather all the requirements for establishing a network to the computer like SSID and password.
- Once the hardware setup is done, you have to install the printer software to connect it to the personal device. The Canon Printer setup would be complete once the printer software is installed on the personal device from ij.start.canon.
- The printer’s package will include a setup CD which contains essential software files. Mount the CD on the disc drive. Open the drive by double-clicking on it. Locate the setup file and run the same.
- If your device does not support CD, you can download the latest software from the website. By following the procedure as mentioned above, you can complete Guidelines for how to Setup Canon Printer.
Download the Suitable Driver from ij.start.canon for your Printer
- Turn on the computer and set the Wi-Fi connection. Now visit the web browser such as chrome, safari, edge, opera or internet explore etc.
- Now enter the url – ij.start.canon which is the official web portal to download canon printer drivers. You will reach to the welcome window and now enter the Key.
- Click on product selection window from the setup tab and move the next step.
- Once the process get complete, enter the product model number on the search field which is present at the center of the screen.
- You can download the product from the ij.start.canon on your computer. Now, cross check the OS field, if it is wrong then change it according to you device. Click the Download button to proceed with downloading the software.
- You are requested not to swap between different windows or run other additional software as this may affect the internet speed and delay the download processing of ij.start.canon file. When done, you will get the option to save the file in a secure folder according to your preference.
Two type of Stable Connection Between Your Computer and Printer – Wireless Setup & USB Connection
After download the setup from ij.start.canon, you have to connect canon printer with the computer. There are two methods for establishing a connection which totally depends on your printer hardware specifications.
Wireless Setup: If your printer is of advanced technology, it must have a feature of wireless connection. Hence to associate your printer with the computer without using any cable, go to the Wireless Settings screen on your printer. Select the Wireless LAN Setup Wizard, and connect to the same Wifi to which your computer is paired.
USB Connection: But if your printer does not have the wireless specifications, you can use the USB cable for connection. The cable is delivered to you with the printer purchase. Carefully inspect the cable and also confirm the USB ports of both the devices to avoid unwanted connection errors. Now, fit the one end of the USB cable to the computer and the other end to the Printer.
Installation Steps to Install Printer Driver
- Go to the setup file of ij.start.canon by visiting the same folder in which it is saved. Double click on the file to run the setup. After that canon program main installer window appear.
- Select the language and region, if details are somehow not right then correct them immediately. And then click next.
- Now the printer is linked with the computer, if not then check
the wireless or wired connections. select the printer and you will move to software list window ij.start.canon setup.
- Next up software installation has few options that are XPS drivers, easy-web print EX, users manual, mp drivers, etc. mark the checkboxes tap next and the license agreement window will automatically be viewed on your screen.
- Read and approve the license agreement by clicking Yes. Then, you may discover the Firewall window and you have to enable the Permit checkbox for allowing the driver installation. This will initiate the Software Installation processing and once it is completed, click on the Finish button.
Printing Issues and Troubleshooting
After completion of all the process of ij.start.canon, if you find any issues. then here are a quick guide that resolves all your issues i.e given below.
No paper Error: Sometimes your printer tray is loaded with paper and still has a issue then maybe something got stuck in the paper tray. Hence, turn off the printer, remove all the wires from the tray. then make sure you clean the roller by using a wet and clean cloth.it may possible that the paper is curled or wrinkled, so replace the paper with appropriate one. After that make sure that the pages that you inserted is of same size .these tips will surely help you to fix the no paper error.
Poor Paper Quality Issue: When you print a colored or black ink paper, sometimes the printed page consists of too many ink spots, horizontal lines, patches, or faded text. This issue generally appears due to dried ink which can be easily cleared by running the printer’s utility program. The printer will also print unclear pages if the installed cartridges contain a low amount of ink. In that case, swap the ink cartridge with a new one. If the error still persists, you should clean the printheads and then print a page.
Slow Printer: There are times when your printer does not work appropriately or slowly. the reason behind this error is setting a high-print quality. So, reduce the print setting that will improve the performance of your printer and also save the cost of extra ink and toner. After doing this if your printer still doesn’t work appropriately then place the printer within the router range. And assure that your printer is receiving better Wi-Fi signals.