Canon IJ Network Tool is a utility software that allows you to change the Network settings of your printer. In this manual, you will get a comprehensive procedure to set up and launch the tool, measure the printer network connection performance, and change the printer wireless settings using the tool.
What is “IJ Network Tool”?
About Canon IJ Network Tool
- To make the best use of the Canon IJ Network Tool, you must ensure that your printer is well connected through a LAN connection. Check the LAN cable that is available with you. There should be any cuts on the cable.
- You should not run the network utility tool while you are performing the printing function. In case you are using the tool, then you first have to complete the application usage and then start with the printing functions.
- If your security software’s firewall function is on and you are receiving warning message popups, then you must allow the access to the utility tool to proceed using the software.
- This utility tool by Canon does not work well with user account switching. Hence, you are asked to exit the application and then perform the switching process.
How to Setup “IJ Network Tool”?
- Visit the web browser available on your device
- Go to canon official web portal – Canon.com/ijsetup
- Now, Access the support page of the website
- From the Support Menu tab, select the “Software and Drivers” option.
- This window will allow you to get access to your respective Printer’s web page. Hence, provide the Model Number of your Device in the given Search Bar. Then, press “Enter”.
- Go to “Drivers and Download” option
- Click on OS drop down box, then choose the Operating system of your computer.
- Enter the printer’s model number as per the list of software available for Installation
- Now, look the “IJ Network Tool” and click on the “Select” button
- Next, you must go through the details of the selected software tool.
- Thereafter, begin the downloading process by clicking on the given tab for “Download”.
- Finally, wait for the completion of this process.
- In order to do so, search the downloaded file “IJ Network Tool” on your system
- Double click on the downloaded file
- Open the file namely, .pkg to begin the installation process
- Next, the Installer will take you through a simple and quick process to complete the Installation process. Hence, simply follow the display guideline.
- After completing the process, click on “Close” to leave the installer
- Now, Restart the device
Access “IJ Network Tool”
The location of the IJ Network tool is differ according to the OS of the system
Find an icon for “IJ Network Tool” on the Start screen of your Windows Device. To do so, click on the Windows “Start” button located at the bottom left-hand corner of your monitor. Here, you will find the required tab to access this utility tool. However, in case you fail to locate it. Then, bring up the “Search” window. Enter the tool’s name and press the “Enter” key.
Windows 7, Vista or XP
- Click on the Windows “Start” button located at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
- Choose “All Programs”.
- Select the “Canon Utilities” program.
- Then, opt for “IJ Network Tool”.
- Once again, go for this tool to start this user-friendly tool.
- Launch “Finder” from your Mac’s “Dock”.
- Go to the top left-hand corner of your screen. Now, click on the “Go” tab.
- Select the “Applications” button.
- Thereafter, choose the “Canon Utilities” folder.
- Next, you must click “Canon IJ Network Tool” to open the tool’s folder.
- After that, double-click on the tab for “Canon IJ Network Tool”.