Initial preparations for Canon Printer Wireless Setup
Before starting the process of connectivity of your canon printer wireless setup, you should also do a few initial preparations. Below, we are describing a few initial preparation or guidelines points that you should consider before starting this process.
- First, you need to check if your Canon printer is switched on. It should be connected appropriately for setup.
- If you are using a wired connection, then you must be required to use Ethernet cable. Ensure that the drivers which you have required are already installed on the system.
- You should need to connect your Canon printer with an internet connection and check its speed.
- If you have a router, then you need to connect the printer and computer with your router.
Get the Details About Canon Printer Wireless Setup
The two methods used in canon printer wireless setup are the WPS method and the standard connection method. When a user is looking for a Canon printer setup, any of these methods can be used for the connection. Ensure your Canon printer is capable of connecting with the Internet before proceeding.
WPS Setup Connection Method:
This method is commonly used for Windows and Mac operating systems. The wireless router has a push-button for WPS. Check for the wireless connection settings on the computer and then enable WEP security. Below mentioned are the steps to connect Canon printer to Wi-Fi:
- Turn on the Canon printer and place the router nearby so that the WPS button could be in reach.
- Hold the WiFi button on the printer till the light is ON.
- After waiting for 2 minutes, hit the WPS button on the router.
- When searching the network, the blue Wi-Fi light is on. Once connected to a wireless network. Power and Wi-Fi lights will be still.
- To check the connectivity, try printing a page from the Canon printer.
- Put the sheets into the printer and check if the printer works properly.
You’ve finished connecting your Canon printer to WiFi network. Have a go at printing a test page and it should work. These steps will help the user in Canon printer wireless setup.
Canon Standard Connection Method:
If the router does not have a WPS feature, use this method. Below mentioned are the guidelines when a user wants to know how to setup Canon printer using this method.
- Connect the computer to the printer for network settings.
- Load the input tray with papers.
- Press & hold the resume or cancel button for a few seconds.
- In the printout of the information page, check the connection status.
- Verify the network name also.
- Ensure that the printer is switched on and properly connected for setup. For wired connections, an Ethernet cable is required.
- Check if the required drivers are already installed on the system.
- Connect the printer to the internet and check its speed.
- In the case of a router, connect the computer and printer to the router.
Canon Printer Wireless Setup on Computer – Windows OS and Mac OS
Canon Printer Setup For Windows OS
- Click on Start and then Settings to open it.
- Then, Devices is clicked in the Settings window.
- Under this option, select Printer and Scanners and then choose the option of
- Add the printer or scanner. This will add a printer to the list.
- Connect it to the same network as of printer.
Canon Printer Wireless Setup For Mac OS:
- The first step is to choose System Preferences and select Printers & Scanners.
- Select + symbol to add the printer.
- In the available list, select the printer and add it.
- In the case of a router, connect the Mac device and printer to the same network.
- To ensure the connection, take the test print.
After finishing these steps, you will succeed in connecting your canon printer wireless setup.